Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

loadMovie vs localConnection

Status
Not open for further replies.

tianaPalmer

Programmer
Feb 23, 2009
US
I'm making a site for my Flash final that has several different .swf files that are placed in positioned divs. I want to be able to make different movies load into the main area depending on what is clicked in the menu.
the menu is its own swf movie and the movies that will play in the main area will be separate movies as well.

I've been doing some research on loadMovie and also on how to get movies to communicate with each other using a localConnection.
i'm confused as to which method i should use...

i just want movies to load and play in one designated area when a particular button is clicked in the movie. it's possible that i may have another movie on the side animate or something just to let the user know they clicked on something...

any suggestions? thanks!

They are totality different things - [tt]LocalConnection[/tt] is a Class and [tt]loadMovie[/tt] is a AS1 MovieClip Method for start.

You'd use [tt]LocalConnection[/tt] to send/receive messages between different SWFs sit in a HTML page.

Kenneth Kawamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back