Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

loadmovie using multiple jpg files works on hd but not online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion99

Technical User
May 25, 2003
US
I am new to actionscripts and I am quite sure I am overlooking the obvious but here goes:

I have created a flash file to load external jpgs using the loadmovie command. Works fine on my computer but not when I upload it. So, I know I am screwing up the path but I don't know how. The jpgs are in a subdirectory called "image/" The movie runs but it does not load the jpgs.

On keyframe one I have the following actionscript:

url='image/' + wimg + '.JPG'

On keyframe two I have:

loadMovie (url, "bitmap");

I would like to use an absolute url....so assuming my url is how would I get the script to access the jpgs that are located in the subdirectory /image ?

Thanks for any help you migh offer.

Orion99

Code:
 '[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.website.com/image/'[/URL] + wimg + '.JPG'

Thanks for the try redrobothero but I have already tried that and still no luck. Any other ideas?

Filenames are case sensitive on the internet, but not on your computer. Maybe it should be .jpg instead of .JPG?

FCiL

Thanks FCiL that did the trick...sheesh, I knew that but apparently my brain was not working at the time, glad yours was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back