Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LoadModule php5 refusal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finkelstein

Technical User
Aug 11, 2006
NL
I have installed apache2.2 and php5. server works fine .... until I add LoadModule php5_module c:/php5/php5apache2.dll in the config. Then the service will not start. What's wrong??

I get no error except: service failed to start....

It is likely a path issue. Check the event log. Check your path to see if c:\php5 is included

Try explicitly loading the php5apache.dll like this

cd \apache_home (wherever that is)
c:\winnt\system32\regsvr32 c:\php5\php5apache.dll

regsvr should load the dll, but give a warning that it was not able to register it. (It does not have a com interface)

If it fails to load with "Specified Module Could Not Be found" there is a dependency on something not in the path. Adding c:\php to the SYSTEM path should help.

Win binaries of PHP 5 is dependent on odbc32.dll and other MDAC components that are not included in the distribution.

You can also run "Dependency Walker" on php to see what is required. Install MDAC and patches as needed....

Jeb\0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back