Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LoadLibrary Windows '98

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneSource

Programmer
Jun 18, 2002
US
Hi and thanks for reading.

I've developed an application that uses the LoadLibrary function to access a DLL dynamically. The app works fine except on a Windows '98 machine (I haven't tested it on Win '95 or ME, but I think it would probably crash there too). Does anyone know how I can get around this problem? Of course, a code example would be great! :-D

I don't know, what DLL you're trying to load and what function you're trying to find?

apatterno, I'm trying to load msxml4.dll. For more info. on the problem, check out
Specifically,"Windows Me/98/95: If you are using LoadLibrary to load a module that contains a resource whose numeric identifier is greater than 0x7FFF, LoadLibrary fails. If you are attempting to load a 16-bit DLL directly from 32-bit code, LoadLibrary fails. If you are attempting to load a DLL whose subsystem version is greater than 4.0, LoadLibrary fails. If your DllMain function tries to call the Unicode version of a function, LoadLibrary fails."

Any ideas? Thanks!

OneSource

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back