Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loading!! your toughts!!Pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fori

Programmer
Jun 18, 2003
MT
Hi All

I would like that on the splash screen there would be a "Loading ....bla bla .ocx" etc!! Do they usually really load stuff or?

If yes how do you really do that ...seems cool! would like to have a try!

Tahnks
Nick

Fori, they do load them, but unless you have a lot it's normally to fast to capture in labels and show to the user
[Don't try this at home]
(unless they're running a 286-10 on MS-DOS 1.3)
[/Don't try this at home]
If you wanted to do it for effect, you could use a timer control to update the label onyour screen and then load the main form.

jgjge3.gif
[tt]"Very funny, Scotty... Now Beam down my clothes."[/tt]

Hmm.. ye i think u're right!! thanks

One thing about this. If you are going to do this for effect... Don't. I don't know about you, but when I have loaded a program for the 100th time, I don't like to wait for those "intro" imageries or "loading" screens... I like to get to the meat of the program. :)

Yes but these people i'm working for likes this kinda b**l***t ! if u know what i mean! I agree with u totally but the circumstances are different! tata! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back