Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

loading smdr for backupexec 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

niles

MIS
May 10, 2000
CA
trying to get NTserver backup exec 8.0 (re 3315) to see novell 5.0 server (proxy server). I do the following: bestop.ncf, then bestart.ncf<br><br>asks me if I want to disable NDS, I select no<br>Then it asks me if I want to disable SAP, I select no<br>Then it asks me if I want to disable SLP, I select no<br><br>Then I get the following message from the novell server<br>&quot;SMDR.nlm not loaded, could not obtain configuration information/create configuration file&quot;. <br><br>This prevents the netware agent from loading......<br><br>I have already check novell cool solutions for this and they say to select NO when asked to disable SAP.<br><br>I would like to note that I have novell service pack 4 installed.

When ever I install Bkupexec 8 to a new NW server the install fail unless you update the SMDR with the server names.&nbsp;&nbsp;The file is in the sys:bkupexec directory and the file is called smdrincl.dat.&nbsp;&nbsp;The file includes the server names of all the NW servers you want to backup.&nbsp;&nbsp;During the instalation of bkupexec the install stops then you use ctrl-exc to change between screens to make the changes to the smdrincl.dat or you can put the file there manually.&nbsp;&nbsp;The file is a plain text file and has the server names on the left hand column one on each line.&nbsp;&nbsp;Take a look for the file and see what you get.&nbsp;&nbsp;Also try the support.veritas.com site it is quite good.

You may want to look at Novell's knowledgebase article TID#10017412 on setting up SMDR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back