Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loading references depending on Access version

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSGB

Technical User
Feb 14, 2001
GB
Hi,

We have a database in Access 97. Users should all have been using Office 97 and the database worked.

Now, most of the users of our database have had Excel/Word/Powerpoint upgraded to Office 2000 (but not Access) for some reason. So I have set the references to the correct version of Word etc. for this combination and it works.

BUT

For some people the upgrade didn't happen so they are still on normal Access 97 and some people have got new PCs with plain Office 2000 on. For these people the references are therefore wrong and so they get date and string errors...

So what I need to do is work out what version of Access is running and load the correct DAO 3.51/3.6 file and then find which version of the Word library is installed and create a reference to that.

Does anyone have any code examples that would help me?

Cheers

RSGB

...OK another approach would be to make multiple MDE files of the front end, each labelled with what versions they should be run with, with each having the different combinations of references set.

Anyone tried this?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back