Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

loading pictures in internet explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountryBoyCanSurvive

Technical User
Oct 6, 2002
CA
I would like to know how to open pictures in internet explorer, i have gotten jpg's and such to open in internet explorer, but for every picture I open it opens a new browser, i want it to open the picture in the already open browser. Does anyone know how to do it

Have you thought about file association. go to control panel. Double click on folder options,click file types and then select the J pegs, the gifs and any other that you want to open in explorer. Select explorer icon and click apply. - - Hope this is what you were meaning. - Mel

Instead of double-clicking the pictures icon, drag the next pictures icon to the already opened IE window.

If all you are trying to do is look at picture files, you would be better off downloading something for that that can also show thumbnails.
Irfanview is decent and freeware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back