Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

loading mysql on a win2k box...what do i do know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spewn

Programmer
May 7, 2001

i have a personal web server (IIS) that i am trying to install mysql with...or install mysql so that it is available through my IIS server.

i d/l it...now what? is there a GUI for mysql that i can use? a gui like access or something. if i create databases in mysql at home, how do i get them on a ISP server...

any ideas?

- g

MyAccess is effectively a plug-in which will allow you to use Access to edit your MySQL database ... personally I'd go for MySQL Control Center, which is available for free download on the mysql site ... (I'm sure also that its been mentioned favourably numerous times on this forum) ... its very easy to use also.

PHPmyadmin is also a freely available web based tool which I have used extensively in the past and found it to do almost everything I required ... however I don't think its being developed anymore (may be wrong?).

As for your ISP ... they may restrict you to using only their web interface to edit or your applications direct ... however if remote admin is supported by your ISP then Control Center will do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back