Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loading movies into levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

palle

Technical User
May 30, 2000
DE
Hey!
I made a Flash site, where the main links are on level 1 and all other pages are loaded into level 1 after each other. The reason I did it this way, was to control the print command to print all pages as single frames.
Now I have the problem that the movies have a very long loading time. Even though most of them are only about 30 kb, they load 15-20 sec. Also from the browser cache they seem to need more time thatn necessary. Does anybody have an idea what the problem could be?
Thanks
Palle

For me, on a 56K connection, they all seem to load within +/- 10 secs., which is pretty good!
Guess the only way to accelerate it more would be to preload every movie in the beginning preloader!

;-)

Oh! And on second pass(visit), everything is there instantly... No cache problem!

;-)

Thanks for taking a look!
There must be some kind of internal problem with my browsers loading time then. Even when the pages are in the cache, it takes time before they show up.
I'll do some testing with the preloading.
Palle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back