Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loading Movie in Movie... possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tilotama

Programmer
Aug 24, 2001
MY
I usually develop my projects in Flash 5 & Flash MX. However, I was recently required to develop my new project in Director MX, so i have to find a few Lingo equivalents to ActionScript.

ActionScript enables an *.swf file to be loaded into another *.swf file via loadMovieNum (using levelN) or loadMovie (using target). Is this function available in Director MX?

This is so that I can create a main file, containing the 'Main Component's Buttons' on one part of the movie & load different movies into the main movie. Therefore, I will not have to re write the codes for each button in each movie.

Your assistance is so much appreciated!

TQ berry much!

The closest way to do this that I can think of at the moment is to use: play movie X

as in
on mouseDown
play movie X
end

X being the name of your movie.
Then you would put your buttons and their behavoirs in an external cast library file which can be accessed by all your .dir files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back