Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loading Media holding Backup Job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast2910

Technical User
Aug 30, 2006
GB
I have a couple of clients, where every so often, when the backup schedule tries to run - it hangs saying Loading Media with a yellow question mark next to it. It will not fail the job, but will just sit there until someone manually cancels it.

However, when I copy the same backup job but do a BTD, it will work! One of my clients has recently had a new backup drive, they are cleaned regularly and all possible updates for Veritas v.10 have been run.

Anyone got any ideas or similar issues?

Damien

If the loading media is failing then its likely to be a communication error with the tape unit.

What happens when you run an inventory?

When its loading media that means it prompting for another tape or overwritable tape. Nothing to do with a loss of communincation with the tape drive.

The tape may be full and is prompting for a second tape.

or you have the job setup to append/overwrite and it appended first then filled the tape and is prompting for another tape.

or you have the media sets configured where the tapes are not overwriteable.

I suspect you stuck in the loop with the job appending first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back