Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loading Global Variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonu61

Technical User
Sep 16, 2003
US
Hi.
I am working on a project in director. I have a input textbox in the opening screen where I ask the user to input their name and submit it. I have the project then save the name as a global variable. Later on in the project I want to recall the users name and place it in a certificate. How do I load the global variable, so that I can have it on the certificate? Thanks.

global variables are just that... global. So you carry it with you wherever you go, in any script, so long as you declare it a global at the top of any script that attempts to access the global variable. this is done with the global command: global myGlobalVariable .

If you want to save it for use later when the app starts up anew then you need to write it out to a text file using FileIO Xtra . Later, when you retrieve it you can use FileIO again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back