Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loading External Text...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BongoMudpie

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2002
GB
Hi to all

Forgive me guys and gals but its been an age since developing in Director; for all my sins iv been working in Flash for the last 4 yrs!!!

I am working on a project where the client has specifically asked for this feature to be included:

He wants to be able to change text and some images regularly from external files sources i.e all his text files situated in a text folder and all his images in an image folder that will load into the program on the click of a button. The problem is iv forgotten how to do it!!

I am working in MX 2004 (vastly different from my days of just old MX)

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance

You can specify whether a cast member is internal or externally linked when you import it.

Or, you can import files at runtime using lingo. look up the commands "importFileInto", and the 'filename' property of cast members. Both work in slightly different ways.

hope this helps.

- Ben

Thanks Ben, I will give this a go and let you know how it works out.

Regards

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back