Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loading Calendar Wimdow 8 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonarchOne

Technical User
Nov 13, 2013
US
Not all SK Calendar functions have worked for me since I loaded them onto my Dell computer XP Pro 5 years ago. Then, I lost all past appt dates but kept special dates while the TO Do function will still accept text the other functions like crossing out past TO Do or sorting did not work. So far, I have loaded the Contacts and Memos which seem to be working. Before I try to load Calender data I wanted to get anyone's suggestions from you experts about copying those Calendar data files to Windows 8 in hopes that all functions will work this time. The problem may simply be the way that I transferred the Calendar data files to XP Pro rather than the OS itself. I have all my recent data on my old XP computer. Today, I have the default SK 98 programs on the C drive of my Asus computer and my data is located on my D partition under Starfish/SideKick98/Userdata/.

Thanks so Much,

John

Dear MonarchOne,

Check out the following FAQ page for details on Calendar export:
If you transfer the calendar using a memory key, at least you won't have the problem of it being read-only as it would be if you had transferred via a CD or DVD.
That causes problems if you try to read it from the CD or DVD as Sidekick creates temp files in the same directory as the calendar, and that is impossible to do on a CD etc.

Regards
Jim

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

Jim,

I have most SK98 functions working under Windows 8, now. I do have a problem with the ToDo list date not going beyond 12/31/2005. I have checked FAQ but didn't see a solution there. Are you aware of the fix, if any, to get current dates accepted under the To Do "Due Date"? Do I need to D/l the patch for SK98?

Thanks,

John

Dear John

[highlight #C4A000]I have most SK98 functions working under Windows 8, now. I do have a problem with the ToDo list date not going beyond 12/31/2005. I have checked FAQ but didn't see a solution there. Are you aware of the fix, if any, to get current dates accepted under the To Do "Due Date"? Do I need to D/l the patch for SK98?[/highlight]

There is no fix for the ToDos and I am afraid that the only solution is to use the events section and add an event to every morning.
I cannot seem to get my alarms working under Vista and it seems to revert to the first sound in the box ac3.wav which isn't a sound!
The path also fixes an eror that comes up as you switch to the different views in the calendar view MAST.WK is included in the error message.
Apart from that I have no other suggestions.

Regards
Jim

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back