Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loading a CD into the drive 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccprgrmr

Programmer
Jul 7, 1999
US
Greetings,

It has been along time since administrating a Novell server, and I need to install an application program from the cd drive on the server. I cannot recall the syntax in doing so...anyone have suggestions on this?

Thanks

John Garrison John Garrison
n0vxp@centurytel.net

If the installation is NLM based, you can do this from the server console. If the installation is EXE based, it has to be done from a workstation.

Anyway, to mount a CD as a volume, put the CD into the CDROM drive and type: CDROM. The CD will mount and it will tell you the volume name (make a note). You can then install your product using NWCONFIG. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Hi John,

If the CDROM was not loaded as stated above, you may also have to mount the CD.

Lou

"Load Cd"
"Cd Volume list" ... gives a volume list
&quot;Mount <Volume Name>&quot;

Then of course, MAP from the client.

I believe this is it. Long time since I too did it. Novell runs by itself. The exact syntax I expect can be recalled. In case of doubt, &quot;Help&quot; at the console prompt will do it. (In case it is on a screen, <Alt>+<Esc> will take you to a blank screen.

HTH.

End of mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back