Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loader Component broken in Internet Explorer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

basuraman

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
hey ball-
has anyone experienced this problem:
i'm using the loader component and the progress bar component as a preloader for .jpg's viewer (an image gallery of sorts, where you click on a thumbnail and it loads the larger image into the Loader cmpnt).

it works great in firefox. BUT in IE, the progress Bar blips on real quick then disappears without passing 0% mark. after a while the image finally pops on. it's as if IE (or flash player for IE) tells the preloader the jpg is fully loaded immediately - when in fact it's not.

i've tried all the updates and looked for all kinds of fixes. found a component that says it fixes this - but then other stuff breaks. does anyone have any thoughts on this? or any alternatives? my next step is to script the pre-loader by hand - but i was trying to do it simple and fast with components. HA! anyway...help?

cheers,
josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back