Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loaded Ati software - now bootup error

Status
Not open for further replies.

perryf

MIS
Nov 15, 2001
US
I recently installed software that came with my new Ati 9600Xt video card. It includes ATI's multimedia software. Now there is an error on bootup on Ntdll.dll.

I checked MS' dll database and don't even see the version of the dll i have listed. So i think ATI maybe supplied their own version.

What's the best way to reload this dll. The database listed the DLL as part of Win XP SP1, but I can't figure out how to reload SP1.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Run the System File Checker program from the Run Box by typing.....Sfc /Scannow in it and have your XP CD handy.

The current version I believe is -

639 KB (654,336 bytes)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NtDll.Dll

Even though your software is recently installed do check for patches, updates and drivers at the manufacturer's site.

I find it very hard to belive that the ATI drivers will touch this particular file as its part of Windows NT. This is the description of the file found on the net.

ntdll - ntdll.dll - DLL Information
DLL File: ntdll or ntdll.dll
DLL Name: NT Layer DLL
Description: File that contains NT system functions.
Part Of: Windows NT
System DLL: Yes
Common Errors: File Not Found, Missing File, Exception Errors

This file shouldn't be changed by ati or be part of their drivers, having an ATI card myself at home it has never touched this dll file.

I think the problem has came from somewhere else and is more likely done by a virus or spyware. Once you got your system check, I would recommend you to get your AV software upto date and run a full scan or use a tool like McAffe's stinger. Then run a spyware removal tool to see if you have spyware installed on your system a good free tool is spybot search and destroy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back