Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

load-threshold AND ppp multilink together, 2nd chan. won't stay on

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdecker

Technical User
Jun 16, 2003
US
Hi,

I have ISDN BRI interface on a two Cisco 2621xm routers. The routers call each other, and I can pass data between them both.

Question: Can I have dialer load-threshold AND ppp multilink set up at the same time? Here is my config for the BRI interface, with the numbers excluded:

interface BRI1/0
ip address 172.17.20.1 255.255.255.0
encapsulation ppp
no ip mroute-cache
dialer idle-timeout 300
dialer map ip 172.17.20.2 xxxxxxxxxx
dialer map ip 172.17.20.2 xxxxxxxxxx
dialer-group 1
isdn switch-type basic-ni
isdn spid1 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
isdn spid2 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dialer load-threshold 30 outbound
ppp multilink

With the config above, channel 2 will turn on for 1 second and then turn off. And it will keep doing this throughout a data transfer. The reason I'm trying to do both instead of one is because I'm modeling another router's setup which appears to work this way, same 2621xm router model. Any ideas as to why channel 2 can't seem to hold its connection? When I disable multilink "no ppp multilink", channel 2 kicks on and everything works. Thanks for any help.

Hi,

Don't set both ends to PPP Multilink as they will both try and establish a second channel, this causes a fatal embrace.

Cheers

CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back