Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

load sharing between 256k DDN and 64k ISDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jan 20, 2001
HK
Hello,

I have a 2x64k isdn configured both as the backup and BoD for the primary 256K DDN with the following cmd in a ospf network:

interface serial 0
ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.252
backup interface dialer 1
backup load 80 50

interface dialer 1
ip address 10.1.1.5 255.255.255.252
multilink ppp
dialer threshold 60

Does anyone know how the load is shared between the 256k and the isdn?
Can the router used all the 256K + isdn bandwidth?

Thanks.

Are you asking how your sample config is load balancing?
As I see it the backup load 80 50 and the backup interface dialer 1 are sending it out the ppp multilink when a threshhold is reached. There are several ways to load balance your application however I think more information is needed.
J.Fisher CCNA
Jeter@LasVegas.com

I seem to recal that you can not do load sharing across unequal paths using OSPF. I know that EIGRP can do this type of loadsharing and uses the bandwith statements to determin the amount to distribute to each path. Also you will need to look at the queue style that in in effect. It needs to be packet switched to get the true balance if this is what you want. Default is WFQ and will work by conversation.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back