Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load Exception Table Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad0dog

Programmer
Jul 20, 2006
US
I have a table with a primary key that I am using "LOAD" sql to populate the table and use the "for exception <exception table>" to capture any incoming records that have redundant primary keys. The tables are identical in form except that the exception table has two additional columns: the next to last is a TIMESTAMP and the last is a CLOB(32K) as the documentation specifics in the rules for creating an exception table. Additionally there are no keys, constraints, triggers or any other encumbrances on the table. When I execute the "LOAD" statement I get the following error:

SQL3604N Exception table "test exception" corresponding to table
"test" in the SET INTEGRITY statement or LOAD utility does not have the
proper structure, has been defined with unique indexes, constraints, generated
columns, or triggers, or is in the Set Integrity Pending state, or is of
invalid type. Reason code "2". SQLSTATE=428A5

I've looked up the error in every source I can think of or find and basically just get what is in the message with the exception of what 'reason code "2"' means.

Any thoughts as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back