Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load data into oracle from excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatchoy

MIS
Jul 19, 2001
JP
Hi

I need to load data from excel spreadsheet into oracle8.05 database daily. I need a method to run this loading automatically .Have anyone come across a tool/method ,pls advise.

Thank in advance

If anyone is listening have a simlar question.

Could someone outline the basic steps I should follow to do the following.

1) I need to get 128 records out of one table in Oracle.
2) I need to bring in the 128 records into another database.
3) When bringing in the 128 records there are 18 records that are duplicate that I would like to kick out.

Do I use SQL Loader to get the records in and out of oracel using a CSV file? and then let index contraints reject the duplicate records? or should I just edit the csv file?

If you are on UNIX then 'uniq' will remove duplicate rows from a file (if the file is sorted first)

Alex

SQL*Loader does not take data out of an Oracle database (that would require SQL*Unloader, which doesn't exist).
To get the records out of the database, you could spool the output to a file or use utl_file to write it to a file. And since this would require a query, write your query so it only outputs the unique data.

Elbert, CO
0949 MDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back