Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load balancing with redundant links

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsonbemoi

IS-IT--Management
Mar 16, 2006
I have a web server running Windows 2003 R2. My current ISP from time to time drops the connection leaving my web server isolated from the world for a couple hours. This is unacceptable for me. Could anyone advise on this issue. What I basically want is to buy a secondary line from another ISP and have it as a backup line for when the primary one goes down. How can this be achieved and at what price?

Your better served in posting this in a network related forum. Although it is indeed possible to setup another link to an ISP for redundancy sake, you will need to implement the redundancy on your router (you didn't specify what make/type)
As for costs, I would gather that all that is required is the cost of another link to the "backup" ISP and a secondary interface on your router
Like I said.. best to post in a networking forum. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back