Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load Balancing setup options

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnO1234

Technical User
Jun 23, 2005
US
We are in the process of creating a new citrix farm of two servers both running server 2003. We are interested in creating a simple user load balance between the servers. We have the servers setup with citrix and both are in the farm. Our previous citrix setup used the ica clients to connect to the citrix server. Is it possible to create the load balancing to work with the ICA clients? I have read a lot about using the published applications and it is a possibility to use then but was wondering first of all if it was even possible to use the ica clients and have the default user load balancing work correctly?
Thanks.

Shhhh don't let anyone know but the load balancing works out of the box. Install your apps on both boxes, publish them from both boxes and hey presto, I gurantee it will work right there and then.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

What about for published desktops, wil it still load balance the apps so long as they are installed on all farm servers? And what is the easiest way to access the published desktop? We usually had the users at my office connect via ICA client not logged into a domain or anything. Is the web-services the only way to truly achieve this?

Thanks, maybe this will answer JohnO1234 as well?

OK there is a wizard when you statr publishing an app that asps if it is an app or a published desktop, or if there is not you leave the command line blank, it defaults to explorer.

In the desktop environment apps are NOT load balanced, the desktops are, it would be quite wastefull to be running a desktop on one server which calls apps on another.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back