Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load balancing ROUTER for 2 DSL connections ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpau80

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2005
US

We have 2 DSL connections ( 384/1.5mbps) and trying to use this for our phones/data services. I am planning to get a router which can handle both the DSL connections and do some load balancings, so data / voice bandwidth can be shared accordingly.

Any suggestions both the lower ends and higher end routers .

Thanks
SAM

I use a Linksys RV042, they also make an 8 port and 16 port version

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

The load balancing of these devices is a bit simplistic, but I agree with jimbopalmers recommendation - these RVxxx devices offer a very good bang for the buck, including VPN, Vlan, & firewall rules.

I've also used the xincom DPG802. Provides both download load balancing as well upload load balancing for hosted services. WARNING, NOT FOR NON-NETWORK TECHIE PROFESSIONAL. The device will give you too much misery to handle if you don't know all your network technical terms and you have to upload the latest firmware after getting it at Not sure if I gave a recommendation or not but it worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back