Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load balancing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinken

MIS
Jul 7, 2003
US
Im trying to set up 2 terminal servers so that they use load balancing. I have 2 NICs installed, 1 for load balancing, 1 dedicated. The load balancing one is hooked up on a repeater, and the other is on a 100baset switch. I can terminal service to either of the servers individually(tserver01, and tserver02), but when i go to connect through the group for load balancing (tserverLB) it always pushes me to the first terminal server. If i do a drain stop on the first terminal server (tserver01) it still dosent push me to 2nd one. Anyone know of any documentation (other than microsofts support) on how to set this up. Or have any ideas on what might be the problem.

Thanks.

Are you always connecting from the same machine (IP address)? Try connecting from a few different machines. Be sure to use different accounts if you are using the TS Session Directory.

MS NLB redirects using client IP. Also, you need to hit it with a number of concurrent connections before you can really know its not doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back