Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load Balancing or Cluster Awareness with SharePoint? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aschael

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2001
VE
Hi there.

Wow I'm really happy that finally there are some people to discuss about Share Point, until now it's been very lonely.

In my company we're already implementing SharePoint as our Corporate Portal, and until now it's working fine. Of course it has its has its tricks and dark sides but it still ok.

I've a very particular doubt we have a project to implements a Corporate SAN and I'd like the Share Point to use the benefits of it. However I've been reading any documentation I've found and until now it looks like SharePoint is:
* Not Cluster Aware
* Not Load Balancing capabilities whatsoever.

As you sure understand SharePoint will be a very critical application for my organization and I don't want to depend in a simple mirror system for the redundancy of this system when I can use a more optimal solution as it's a SAN!

Somebody has been in a similar situation o can give me some advise about it

Adolfo Schael
IT Project Manager
aschae@cantv.com.ve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back