Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load Balance two Internet links on two routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubaguy3

MIS
Nov 4, 2014
US
I have two Internet links and two cisco 3845 routers. What are my options to use both links? I currently am using one link and have the other link setup for failover but now need to use the bandwidth (100meg each) of both circuits.

setup equal costs static routes to each route.. ?
default LB should be on IP SRC / DST, so each flow of conversation will use one of your pipes..
it wont give one flow the combined BW of both lines.. but it will give the network the combined BW of both lines.

you can do policy routing if you need something specific to use one path and not the other.

dynamic routing works but not sure if you ISPs will run it with you .. if they do ask them if they can run BGP with you .. true multi home then .. you can advertise one set of IP to both ISPs... if truly two ISP then you qualify for your own AS number..etc..etc..

We must go always forward, not backward
always up, not down and always twirling twirling towards infinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back