Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load a tif file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serban

Programmer
Sep 25, 2001
RO
Hi!

How can I load a tif file into a picture control whitout convert him first.

Thanks
Mircea Serban

You can't. The PictureBox control does not support TIFs - only BMP, DIB, GIF, JPG, WMF, EMF, ICO & CUR.

Correct!
You can use the Kodak image control.... to display, and if desired, edit a TIF file....
You can add a reference to it:
IMGEDIT.Oca

Hi

I tried to find the Kodak control but I didn't find it. I find just some Wang controls but I don't know to work with them.
Please more details

Mircea Serban

The Wang control is the same.
There is a sample project that gets installed with W95 and NT: Do a search for imgsampl.vbp or goto the microsoft Kb and do a search on article Q140980. There you can download it - put and extract it into a separate folder.

There is very little documentation for them. On Windows 9x the controls were made by Wang. They were taken over by Kodak from Me/2000 onwards. The objects (Wang & Kodak) are virtually identical.

You will probably want to work with the ImgEdit control.
You should be able to navigate to the documentation from Unfortunately I can't find a closer link than this, but look in the table of contents for the Imaging ActiveX Controls Reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back