Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load a project

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheena

Programmer
Jul 30, 2002
GB
In macromedia flash there is a function that allows us to load a swf, within a project.
using the Loadmovie command.

Is there any way of doing this is authorware, i am about to create a project which has got at least 90 pages, each page will contain a flash movie, and quite a lot of codeing.
I was wondering if all these 90 pages were created separtly, and loaded into a holder or when required. as all the 90 pages may not be required by the user.
This will make it easy for me to manage, and also keep the orignal file size small.
Please any suggestions are very welcome!

You can use only one flash asset xtra, and by using #pathname method you can link that xtra to any swf file you wish at run time...

Im sorry i did not explain my self clearly, the thing is the problem is not loading the swf file within authorware,
i want to know if i can create smaller authorware projects and call them at runtime.
i.e
in flash you would create small swf files, and in a main movie, you would use loadmovie to call the swf files and place them in a holder.
I was wondering if this is possible in authorware.

I think what AGUN was getting at was that it sounds like it would be easier to keep all of your SWF's external, and load whichever one you want in by calling it using a variable name when the piece is playing. So it would eliminate the need to have multiple authorware files, there would be just one authorware file that calls whichever SWF you want.

steve snyder

You can write a scipt for generic page creation. In the flowline, after setting your variables, you can navigate to a page creation engine, a single map for example creates 90 pages you need, a single engine creating 90 different pages by changing parameters only. That would be a generic solution. Creating small applications will or may increase your delivery size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back