Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load a file in remote machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpater

Programmer
Oct 24, 2000
US
I want to run a swf file in a kiosk but the file is to big to streming across the network. I try to put the file in the kiosk hdd but the website is not displaying the swf file. Is this because IE? Security in IE? Flash Player?
I try the same page in FrontPage with the file in the c drive and works fine. But when the pages ( runs from the webserver, the swf in the kiosk hdd is not running.

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="800" height="600" codebase="<param name="movie" value="file:///c:/MyFile.swf" />
<param name="loop" value="false" /><param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
<embed src="file:///c:/MyFile.swf" loop="false" menu="false" quality="high" bgcolor="#E8872E" width="800" height="600" name="City Furniture Kiosk f8" align="middle" play="true" loop="false" quality="high" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage=" </embed>
</object>

Francisko Paternoster
Patercorp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back