Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load a Document in a Frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

rza22gza

Programmer
Feb 20, 2002
US
I have three frames in a html page. The top frame is named "top" (frames[0]), the left frame is named "left" (frames[1]), the right frame is named "right" (frames[2]). I want to load an actual document (Word, Excel) from the left frame ("left") into the right frame ("right"). Here is my code to set the target to the "right" frame and then I set the location, but instead of putting the document in the frame it always opens a new window.....

parent.right.location.target = "right";

parent.right.pathname = "hello.doc";

Please help me out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jacob

in the left frame in the links, could you just put <a href=&quot;&quot; target=&quot;right&quot;> ??

hope thats what ur looking for Suceess, thats the way you spell success!
Got a question? Ask IMOZRMY!

The Word Document should be loaded after a selection from a select element. Each option will have a different Word Document to load. Please give me more ideas. Thanks a million.

Jacob

parent.left.location.target = &quot;right&quot;; ??

how about that Suceess, thats the way you spell success!

Still no go. I tried that and same result. the Word Document is loaded in a new window instead of the &quot;right&quot; frame. Please help.

parent.right.location.href = &quot;whatever.doc&quot;; Suceess, thats the way you spell success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back