Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lnk files within AMO inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

j1bber

Technical User
Oct 23, 2002
US
TNG AMO 3.0.1

has anyone had problems/solutions with registering NT *.lnk files within the AMO software registry.

We have some software installed on a number of machines and have been advised that the best way to spot them is via the .lnk files. However since we dont actually find any we are thinking that the AMO agent is picking up purely on the long file name and missing out the short DOS .lnk filename

ie.

long name = "Program to Run"
short name = "shortc~1.lnk"

my initial reaction is that the obvious thing to find is the actual target of the shortcut, but hey thats too easy!

So any other ideas or approachs much appreciated.

and the answer is to ensure there is an entry in the engine.ini file for AppScanExt

ie.
AppScanExt=.EXE;.SYS;.DLL;.COM;.BAT;.XLA;.XLS;.LNK;

in some amo faqs it may currently states this should be under the [Settings] section. this however does not appear to be the case

Hi

I would be interested in how you solved this as I have similar problems metering Reflection R2W & Oracle forms.

The work around I have is to compile an EXE which launches the scripts, but doesn't terminate till the scripted session finishes. This way I can metering the EXE file.

ie

Execute "Y:\winapps\r2win\r2win.exe Y:\winapps\r2win\user\openmill.r2w",1)

However I have 40 odd application which I need to re-register and 40 odd NAL Application objects to change.

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back