Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LJ-1200 dirty image

Status
Not open for further replies.

diogenes10

Technical User
Jan 22, 2003
US
What part(s) inside the printer would cause a 1/2" wide "dirty" or "ghosted" image strip to print down the left side of the page?

It is not the cartridge. I put a new cartridge in the printer. Same problem. Put the cartridge in another printer, the print quality is fine. So it is something inside the printer itself.

I'd look at the transfer roller before the fuser.....

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Check the repetitive defects guide for this printer:

First occurrence of print defect
Toner/developing cylinder (37.7 mm)
Toner/primary charging roller (37.7 mm)
Heating element (56.5 mm)
Transfer roller (45.2 mm)
Pressure roller (62.8 mm)
Toner/drum (75.4 mm)

I found some disassembly instructions online and got the fuser out. The grey roller is no longer grey on one edge.

I bought a replacement printer and then did something ??? which made it stop working. So I took the fuser out of the replacement printer and put it in the original printer. The original printer is now working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back