Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LiveUpdate Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvidia

MIS
Nov 15, 2002
ID
Dear All,

I have already installed Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition v8.0 at my parent server and all clients update virus definition from that server. I have tried to configure at my parent server to update virus definition file on specific schedule (ie.daily at 07.00 am) but unfortunately the schedule didn't run...
Maybe you can give me the method to configure the automatic liveupdate for this server and the other setting?
By the way, can I also update and apply my virus definition file on the parent server from intelligent updater because usually virus definition from this source is newer than from liveupdate and how ??
Thanks for your help and support...

Best Regards,

Irma

See "How to automatically update Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 8.x definitions without using LiveUpdate" at We use the equivalent routine for v7.6 with no problems (we have the same same problem of scheduled LiveUpdate consistently failing, but "intelligent updater" serves us better anyway). I've also modified it to download the updates for NAVMSE on our mail server as well.

Regards,
Alistair :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back