Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Livelink Job Market 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyny

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2009
US
Team, Experts,

A non technical question here.

I have been working in Livelink (9.2 a little but mainly afterwards) for past 4 years. I am good in Project Mgmt, Administration, Records Management and also can code weblingo and OScript and also familiar with LAPI and EWS with Java base.

I live in Los Angles area and looks like overall Livelink job market is completely busted. Meaning, I am not able to find a decent job in my own area and even if any it is just 3 months contract and the billing rate stinks. I am not even able to locate a single decent paying job in whole of California or say even MidWest.

Is it due to economy or is it due to OpnTxt consulting themselves grabbing everything or is it getting completely outsourced to China and India?

I do not want to relocate since I have a home but is it even worth pursuing in Livelink area since opportunities are so small.

Even Documentum and SharePoint seems to be relatively healthier compared to Livelink :)

Dirk

Also to add to what Ken said,Livelink aka content server is taking a services approach to most major leading apps,you name it they all use it like SAP,Sharepoint,Exchange,Lotus etc so please dress up your skills on Archive server as well.A lot of implementations that I am part of in the last few years have always been an OpenText implementation where they never seemed to use Livelink's UI anywhere.But certainly any knowledge on livelink like oscript and lapi will not go to waste as in many of these implementations I have been able to code lapi or oscript to address "gaps" in core software.Records management is the reason many new companies buy livelink and just a few records manager's use it.They never have a reason to complain because most of what they want is manual and can be done with pretty reports like web reports stuff.also the RM module with its ever growing popularity is getting a lot of code changes in house so they are pretty much giving out a lot of functionality people have asked for.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008

You are very correct App Nair. I am getting some queries on Records Management even in my present client and this may prove to be a clincher in extending my contract I hope :)

Check your resume against some other "Livelink types" to make sure you have a good format to display your skills - I get requests on a weekly basis especially for development type work. I myself am not a developer (will one day try)- so I am always rejecting that work- If you would like I will forward those requests on to you if you send your email address... Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back