Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

livelink installation - database doesn't have schema for xmlsearch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prasad75

Programmer
Sep 26, 2009
US
Hi,
First time i am tryinig myself to install the livelink on XP professional and SQL Server 2005.

I could able to create the Database using livelink. And, I can see the tables also inserted into the database. But, after that step, i got the below error in livelink.

"The software for module xmlsearch is installed on this livelink server, but the selected Livelink database does not have the schema for the xmlsearch module installed. You will need to upgrade the database before you can proceed"

Any help is really appreciated...

Thanks
PG

A little more of your situation is needed.

LES9.7.1 out of box installed
You go to create database and then you get this error

OR

You installed LES9.7.1
Created database succesfully
You started another install of 9.7.1 and tried to connect to this database

KINI inconsistencies that you print out happens only when an already created database is being connected to a new LL install.

BTW-Just go and do an upgrade this database and see if that suffices.BTW xmlsearch is a core module and it should not have given you any trouble

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

I am using 9.5.0. I followed the below steps.

1. I installed the SQL Server 2005
2. Configured the IIS.
3. Created the DB name called LLDB in SQL Server 2005
4. Created the User called LLUSER1 in SQL Server 2005 with dbo privileges
5. opened in Browser to create the Tables.

After 5th step i got the error i mentioned(xmlsearch), but it created the tables in LLDB(atleast i can see).

Can you tell me what is meant by upgrade the DB ? of any other solution ?

BTW-is 9.5 certified on SQL2005 ?

Your install looks hosed to me.If I were you I would just delete the db you created and follow this unless you want to debug the whole lot.

In your install of opentext.ini file under config comment the lines called DFTCONNECTIOn and the database parameters.Make a backup and delete those lines would suffice.

Restart livelink server.
Come to database creation.
Login as sa or super user for SQLserver
Use the SQLserver maintenance tasks and create a user and a tablespace thru the livelink administration and not the SQL server GUI.
See if you succeed

If you do then what could have happened is the privs for certain things when you created the DB thru SQLserver may not be sufficient.For pre-creating the database see the KB article and see what all the livelink technical user needs.Maybe that is what you said DBO I am not sure

If it still fails open a ticket with OT or run logs by putting debug=2 and wantlogs=true in opentext.ini and run the attempts.My guess is it would probably give you clues.

Upgrading the database is found by going to the administration URL
and finding the link called database administartion,and find the maintain current database and click upgarde database.
I have never had a livelink fail like this on me for a single first time install so I don't really know if I can help you.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008

I just uninstalled livelink and then started the livelink and deleted the existing tables and then created the tables and it worked perfectly fine.

I am really not sure what was the problem first time.

I appreciate your help Nair.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back