Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Livelink Explorer Authentication Problem (NTLM) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackinthebox

Technical User
Oct 14, 2004
ZA
Hi All,

I have a Livelink 9.5 SP1 system on patch level 05.2008.
We are using Livelink Explorer 4.6.0 and we have various issues with authentication through Explorer only.

When a user tries to setup a connection to Livelink the user credentials are not grey'd out when we select NTLM authentication. We also have a problem where the user gets prompted for a user name and password if they change their password on the domain.

With both of these problems the user is able to access the webview without being prompted for a password.

If anyone knows of settings on the client machine I could change to fix these problems please let me know.

Cheers,
Greg

Firstly I would recommend that you consider upgrading either Livelink Explorer (currently 4.8.3 although 4.8.5 is now out, but I believe 4.8.2 is the last to support LL95SP1) and / or your Livelink installation - current is LL971.

Some KC Articles which may help are as follows :

and

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back