Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Live upgrade woe 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenCunningham

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
GB
Good afternoon folks. I've just completed my first foray into live upgrade for Solaris and have to say that all went as well as I might have expected, possibly even better for that matter.

However, when I luactivate the new boot environment and reboot with init 6 as recommended, the system continues to boot using the old environment, despite the entry from lustatus to the effect that the new environment will be used for the next reboot. If anyone has any ideas what I can check I'd be glad to hear them.

At the moment I'm rebooting remotely, but will probably try a reboot from the console tomorrow in case anything is being written there as it comes up. TIA.

The internet - allowing those who don't know what they're talking about to have their say.

Just posting back with the solution (or at least the solution that worked in this instance). Setting eeprom "diag-switch?=false"
and then luactivating the new environment followed by an init 6 did the job.

It would appear that having diag-switch=true set makes the boot process ignore the new environment on a reboot. You learn something every day!

The internet - allowing those who don't know what they're talking about to have their say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back