Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Live Trace Hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassified

Technical User
Jun 25, 2002
US
I think I'm stupid. I know photoshop sort of well, but illustrator is a different animal all together. I have Ai cs3.
This is what I need to do. I created a logo using photoshop cs. I sent it off to be made into a vinyl graphic for the car window. They told me that it had to be vector, I understand why completely. They said to open it in Ai and do a live trace.
OK, I opened it in Ai and did a live trace,...what next?
I can see some areas that need to be touched and the layers that are in transparent photoshop are no longer transparent in Ai and are overlapping with a white background. I can't even get the paths to show around the actual trace just the surrounding white background of that layer. I'm going crazy. If any can shine some light then please help. Maybe a good tutorial on this subject. I know someone is going to say do a google search, but to let those know I have and still can not find what is needed. Thanks in advanced.

Life Is Good.
HASSIFIED

...also want to add, that depending on how you have structured your PSD, you can export from photoshop to illustrator paths, but this assumes you still have your layered psd available, and it is actually structured using shape paths etc...

...also with vinyl work you will probably need to be careful that paths are as clean as possible, choosing view > preview will show the actual lines and paths the vinyl machine will work with eventually...

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back