Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

live trace from scanned drawings - keeping the lines straight 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachieb

Technical User
Mar 12, 2008
hi, i've scanned in line drawings to work from in Illustrator CS2 and whatever live trace setting i use, all my straight drawn lines become a bit wavey with no 90 degree corners and everything looks too cartoony. i just want it to replicate the lines i have drawn and then for me to be able to work on it as a vector. any ideas would be appreciated. rach

How about tracing the straight lines by hand (with the pen tool) instead? Depending on the quality of the scan and on the complexity sometimes tracing yourself is quick enough and gives better results.

I've found that geometric (more right or regular angles, lots of straight lines) shapes don't do as well in live trace. Nor do fonts. I usually do a mix; live-traced stuff and re-set text & straight lines retraced with the pen tool.

(DISCLAIMER: Self-taught AI user; unorthodox methods w/good results)
'There is no LEASH LAW for the IMAGINATION!'
myspace.com/erixworx

ah yes thanks very much for replies, i'll have a go with the pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back