Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Live Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratso5

Technical User
Apr 7, 2010
AU
What is the use of Live Paint if I cannot release it and keep the colour?
I want to get out of Live Paint so I can ungroup the picture so I can make new groups for other effects.
For example I want to apply a pattern to a part of the picture. But there may be plenty of reasons why you may need it ungrouped.

Can anyone help?
Thanks

To work with individual elements you must select the live paint group go to Object menu and choose Expand of expand appearance.

Now your live paint group is a normal group and you can get to your individual elements by going into isolation mode.

carlow

Thanks carlow,
But I have already tried Expand and that doubles up all my line work - fills separated from strokes. That's not the answer for me.
I'll keep reading.
Thanks for your help.

Ok,other possibility is to choose the Live paint selection tool. with ths tool you can select the different elements seperately and apply another fill.

The live paint selection tool is hidden with the live paint bucket tool

carlow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back