Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Live Messenger not working with Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammic

MIS
Jan 4, 2002
GB
Hi All
When I click on Live Messenger I get an error message
"Windows Live Messenger has stopped working"
and goes off Any Help please

Windows live Messenger is not compatible with Vista.. Yes it works, but when corrupted, to get it back to working is
simply reinstall...

Frank Smith
gunslinger.gif

SomeWhere in Kansas Near Dodge City

s0121 said:
Windows live Messenger is not compatible with Vista

The latest version is just as compatible with Vista as it is with XP. I've also been beta testing the previous versions with Vista and have not run into any problems.

Go to and make sure you download and install the latest version.

Greg Palmer
Freeware Utilities for Windows Administrators.

Can't say I have seen many problems with Windows Live Messenger in Vista, and I do use it (the latest version) every day.

Here is the copy of Email from MS to me.. WLM is not compatible with Vista..
Hello Frank, (actually Snuffy)

Thank you for writing to Windows Live Mail Desktop Technical Support. My name is Cris, and I understand that you have issues synchronizing e-mail messages in your s0121@hotmail.com account in Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta. I understand how important it is for you to resolve this matter and I am glad to be of assistance.

Frank, I have checked your s0121@hotmail.com account and verified that you are using a Windows Vista operating system accessing it.

I would like to inform you that Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta is currently not supported by Windows Vista.

In the meantime, I would advice that you watch for further updates to our software as the release date for Windows Vista gets closer in order to get a version that will properly function within Windows Vista.

Due to numerous updates to both the Vista program and Live Desktop, there will be some issues along the way, which our product team would work towards resolving as soon as possible.

We appreciate your feedback and patience as we make further updates with our product in regards to its compatibility with Windows Vista.

You are valuable at Windows Live, and we look forward to providing you with consistent and effective service. We appreciate your input and involvement in our Windows Live products.

Sincerely,
Cris
Windows Live Mail Desktop Technical Support

Frank Smith
gunslinger.gif

SomeWhere in Kansas Near Dodge City

s0121,

Thanks for that snippet about Windows Live Mail, the confusion may be that we are talking about Windows Live Messenger, which I believe to be fully compatible with Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back