Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Live CD FreeIPMI on PowerEdge C6100

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZSol10

IS-IT--Management
May 31, 2007
US
I had to do this to clear the eeprom on a Dell with IPMI. Sorry it is jumbled.

If you download the freeipmi software, compile it on an Ubuntu system (or debian derivative) which has been updated with libgcrypt11-dev_1.4.4-5ubuntu2_i386.deb and libgpg-error-dev_1.6-1ubuntu2_i386.deb packages, you can then do “make install”, cd /;tar cvfz feeipmi.tgz usr/local (you may have to filter out extra libraries/executables), transfer freepmi.tgz to a USB drive as well as libgpg-error0_1.4-2_i386.deb and libgcrypt11_1.4.1-1_i386.deb (note that these are not the developer packages). Download RIP and boot the DCS-1130/Dart Frog/Xanadu II/Power Edge C6100/Inventec 5441 with RIP, mount the USB (mkdir /mnt;mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt), unzip the tgz file to /, run “dpkg-deb –X lib*.deb /” for both packages, cd /usr/sbin;export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib;./ipmi-oem Inventec clear-eeprom at24c256 that may do the trick. It looks to take about 30 minutes to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back