Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

little memory indicated upon running of EAsy info

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountryBoyCanSurvive

Technical User
Oct 6, 2002
CA
I know this doesn't exactly involve Windose ME, but I am running 184 Mb RAM on our PC. Upon running EAsy Info, it states I have the total memory of 183 Mb, but free memory is only 3 Mb sometimes its a bit more sometimes its a lot more. But it is usually under 10 Mb
I have tried uninstalling programs but can't uninstall everyone of them I need most of them. But even when I am not running the programs there is little memory availible. I can turn my computer on and run EAsy info and it still tells me I have like 3-10 Mb of free memory. Could it be a problem or is it just that I need bigger and better hardware inside? Is there anything I can do to check and/or find out if there is a problem other than hardware?
Business doesn't bring to much money for things like hardware so I wanna be sure its not just a software problem.
My reason for running 184 Mb RAM is 64 + 128. if your wondering, but I kinda figured you knew that, you guys seem to know everything. Which saves me lotsa time and the little money I make(LITTLE, I really do emphasizes LITTLE, if it weren't for the fact that I enjoy breaking even running my own business, and jusy being able to say "Here's my card."
Thanks, cheers and have a nice day

How reliable is EAsy Info? ME running 192 (128+64!) MB RAM should certainly have more than 10MB free (unless its been running for hours with lots of apps, as free memory does tend to drop with time). Try for a second opinion (lots of free memory apps on net).

Question: Is there actually a problem with the running of the machine - because in my opinion, its a thankless task worrying about statistics which monitoring programs give you, UNLESS there was a problem in the fisrt place you were trying to diagnose.

Yes get a second opinion and check out*MPower version 1.2.0.0* at: Well this link is not working for me now I get the page can not be displayed error message
You may want to try the link on your computer and if it works let me know. Sorry for bad post.

thebest2uDon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back