Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ListView SubItem Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuilderSpec

Programmer
Dec 24, 2003
GB
Hi

I have a listview that has 3 columns : date , trainer 1 and trainer 2. The grid is populated with a date always in the caption and then maybe some text in trainer 1 or trainer 2 sub item fields.

Suppose I have a grid that looks like :
Date Trainer 1 Trainer 2
05/08/2013 Lee Smith John Smith
06/08/2013 Lee Smith Trevor Smith

So here we have 2 data rows , I know that if I click on the first data row I can have Listview->Selected return me which row is selected. I want to be able to click on Lee Smith in row 1 and know that I have selected the first Sub Item as well as row 1, i.e. Row 1 Column 2 . How do I do that ? I can't see an event that tells me anything about which Column I am selecting/clicking. Obviously the columnclick event is for the column title whereas I want to click an actual cell.

Any help appreciated , thanks

Regards

Graham

Hope this helps!

Regards

BuilderSpec

I've seen a cell[x][y] component somewhere but I don't remember where. I'll look for it when I get a chance.

James P. Cottingham
I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back