Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

listview Insertitemtemplate

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharonniles

Programmer
May 31, 2001
US
I have a listview where users can add, edit or delete records. I want to add multiple email addresses to a single sales person. So let's say I find sales person 3 and want to add an email address for her.

I want the
UserName to be the Windows Authenticate, i.e. LoginName
SalesID to be the parameter # I just found
HistEffDate to be today's date
HistEndDate to be 12/31/9999

That way, all I need to type in is the email address. Everything else is already populated.

How do I fix the vb script below. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

<InsertItemTemplate>
<li style="">
UserName:
<asp:TextBox ID="UserNameText" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("SenderName") %>' />
<br />
SalesID:
<asp:TextBox ID="SalesIDTextBox" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("ProducerID") %>' />
<br />
EmailAddress:
<asp:TextBox ID="EmailAddressTextBox" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("EmailAddress") %>' />
<br />
HistEffDate:
<asp:TextBox ID="HistEffDateTextBox" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind(#getdate()#) %>' />
<br />
HistEndDate:
<asp:TextBox ID="HistEndDateTextBox" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("HistEndDate") %>' />
<br />
<asp:Button ID="InsertButton" runat="server" CommandName="Insert" Text="Insert" />
<asp:Button ID="CancelButton" runat="server" CommandName="Cancel" Text="Clear" />
</li>
</InsertItemTemplate>

Not sure what your question is. You want more than one email address field? If so, is there a set amount, can it be any number of emails?

Happy New Year.

Thank you for replying. Sorry to be confusing. There are two tables.

sales office.
Sales Office ID: 1
Sales Office Name: ABC Enterprises
Address: 123 Main Street
City: San Diego
State: CA
Zip: 90808

Email Address
Sales Office ID: 1
Email ID: 25
First Name: John
Last Name: Jones
email address: John.Jones@gmail.com
date entered: 1/1/2015
user: k_Smith

I want the sales office ID, date entered and user name to be populated in the InsertItemTemplate. The sales office ID is the search parameter. Date entered is today's date and user is Windows authentication,

UserName: (Windows Authentication)
<asp:TextBox ID="UserNameText" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("SenderName") %>' />
<br />
Sales Office ID: (search parameter)
<asp:TextBox ID="SalesIDTextBox" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("ProducerID") %>' />
<br />
HistEffDate: (today's date)
<asp:TextBox ID="HistEffDateTextBox" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind(#getdate()#) %>' />
<br />

Any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back