Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyow

Technical User
Nov 26, 2004
US
I need to enter territories for various customers in my database. Some customers have as many as 15-20 counties that they cover. I have a list of all of the counties of all of my customers. What is the best way to do this. What I would like to do is open up a checklist of counties and check off all of the counties for that particular customer and then hit the enter button and those counties would be listed on each customer's form. Is this possible. I have limited experience with Access, so be gentle. Thanks in advance.

Hi

You will require three tables:
Customer info table
Counties table
CustomerCounties table, which will include the primary key (unique identifiers) of the two previous tables.

To add counties to customers, you will likely need two forms (Customer, CustomerCounties). The Customer Form will include the CustCounties form as a (child) subform (a form embedded within the main form), and the child subform will be linked to the main form by the Customer primary key.

You then add the primary key for the counties in the CustCounties subfrom and this will create your relationship.

This will take some effort to create, but will be rewarding.

Cheers

S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back