Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Listing permissions on folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlee111

Technical User
Sep 10, 2001
GB
Hi

Would it be possible to search through a drive on a NT4 server and list all the folders and folder and security permissions for users and groups with a script?

Regards

Rob

Yes, Microsoft has already done the work for you. Go to the Microsoft.com web site and search for XCACLS.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Hi it says only compatible with 2000 2003 xp etc..

But thanks

Rob

So what OS are you looking to enumerate permissions on?

Regards,

Mark

Would it be possible to search through a drive on a NT4 server and list all the folders and folder and security permissions for users and groups with a script?

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

My bad for not rereading the post. Thanks Tom.

Rlee111 if you have your NT Resource kit you should be able to find an older copy of XCACLS that will work with your NT system. Another option would be to try mapping a drive from an XP workstation to the root of your server's drive and see if it will work that way for you.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back