Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Listener problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYBOYZ

Technical User
Jun 25, 2001
US
hi, i hvae oracle 8 installed.. but.. my problem is.. once i run the listener from the Start> Programs >Oracle NET8 configure . the listener is froozen my whole computer just crash... and hangs.. any idea why ? and can i reinstall the listener ? any way around this problem thansk

Uh... you can't run a listener from Net8. You can only configure a listener. There are two ways to start a listener.
1) Have it run as a service in Windows
2) lsnrctl start

That's it. Now the question is, what is really your problem. I am guessing it is the Oracle client software. Why don't you try reinstalling?

Last note. I suggest using Net8 Assistant instead of Net8 Configuration Assistant. It is alot easier to use. Wushutwist

I used to have the same problem, which is why I quit using the Configuration Assistant. I found that every time I started the CA, it would crank up my CPU to 100% usage. It appeared my machine was locked up, but I found if I waited about 15 minutes, it would eventually allow me to do something again. I then found that by using the Net8 Assistant (as suggested by Wushutwist) I didn't run into this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back